[[!comment format=mdwn username="smcv" subject="comment 1" date="2015-02-18T23:55:19Z" content=""" I think I can see why this wouldn't work: ikiwiki calculates the set of potential \"autofiles\" (automatically-created pages, normally in the transient underlay), once, then creates them. It does not check after it has created them to see whether it should create any more for some reason. I'm not sure whether it should or not. One possible workaround would be for your tag-extraction code to call `IkiWiki::Plugin::tag::gentag` itself, at the same time it calls `add_autofile` for its own automatically-created page. Having metadata like tags in transient pages seems a somewhat precarious situation anyway: your wiki is structurally different, depending whether the transient pages have turned up or not. That doesn't seem ideal? Whenever I've looked into making album extract metadata from photos, my idea had been that it would generate \"real pages\" that get committed to git, so that the metadata gets copied out of the opaque binary with no useful diff, that is not necessarily even in the VCS (I use an underlay for photos), and into an editable text format in git with useful diffs and history. """]]